Generally Shih Tzu dogs are considered best dogs to have as pet due to their delightful appearance and lively nature. But if you are confused that whether you should buy a young or old Shih Tzu then you must be amazed to know that it’s better to buy an old Shih Tzu because according to the majority of veterinarians, young Shih Tzu gets old faster than the old Shih Tzu. Also Dogs sanctuaries are inundated with sturdy and trained senior Shih Tzu Dogs that become easily accustomed in the new home environment. Senior Shih Tzu direly need a caring home environment that is usually not provided in sanctuaries therefore, it is always a good reason to provide shelter to a senior Shih Tzu Dog.
Below mentioned are 7 reasons that justify adopting a senior Shih Tzu.
- Older Shih Tzu Dogs are more accommodative:Usually Senior Shih Tzu are deprived of their homes due to their owners who could no longer afford caring them. Such Old Shih Tzu are desperately in need of shelter and attention and when they are given such opportunity, they express gratitude to the owner by remaining well-mannered and accommodative.
- Older Shih Tzu are more Friendly: Older Shih Tzu are already trained with home etiquette therefore they have appropriate behaviors when they are encircled with friends while young Shih Tzu needs behavioral training otherwise they become exasperating in such situations. Older Shih Tzu make friends happily and would always accompany you on walks and gatherings. Senior Shih Tzu’s make happy, faithful and loving confidantes.
- Senior Shih Tzu’s are more in need of home than young Shih Tzu.
- Older Shih Tzu are wise and Intelligent Dogs: Shih Tzu are Wise & intelligent Dogs that are very quick to learn new Tricks and stunts. They are physically strong and mentally mature Dogs to learn new things in a very short period of time.
- Senior Shih Tzu are more protective especially with Canines.
- Shih Tzu are familiar with basic instructions like sit, up, come, go etc.
- Mature Shih Tzu are more calm and understanding and really caring for your kids.