Fleas are the parasites that feed on the blood of their hosts (pets). They reproduce & multiply swiftly. To eradicate them from the pets & environment is considered most challenging. They keep on acquiring blood as meals from the pet while hidden in pet’s coat & staying unobserved until irritating begins. It is very essential to know how to treat & prevent their infestations from occurring in your pups.
- There are around 2,000 types of fleas.
- A female flea lays nearly 2,000 eggs in its lifetime.
- Fleas the external parasites live on the warm-blooded animals.
- Fleas feed on their hosts’ blood.
- Fleas bite their hosts some hundred times/day.
- Fleas are generally found in warmer zones & are capable to last in cold regions too.
- Fleas life in normally said to be around 90 days.
Fleas Annoy & Hurt the dog:
Flea bites for about 300-400/day, causing irritation & uneasiness. The host dog licks himself frequently to get rid-off from the fleas, but in vain. Some dogs are likely to have allergic reactions from fleas’ saliva, that sources unbearable irritation. So the dog repeatedly scratches its skin off & creates wounds.
How to get rid of Fleas:
- The cool & humid places in home, that get little exposure to sunlight are the main breeding spots of fleas. It is highly recommended to clean them regularly with vacuum cleaner. The salt, baking soda or borax must be sprinkled all over on the carpets & mats before vacuuming them.
- Treat your pet’s bedding with Washing machine’s hot dryer for 30-40 minutes in order to kill fleas’ adults, larvae & eggs.
- Use Dehumidifier to bring the humidity level in your home below 50% for about 2 days/week. Take note that this very action kills adult fleas, larvae & also halt flea eggs from hatching.
- Expose moist & dark spots to sun rays in your home & lawn.
- Bath your dog regularly with best flea treatment shampoo.
- Use flea comb to pick off fleas, after the bath.
- Spray a mixture of water + vinegar on your dog.
Flea Freeing the Dog
Worst Case of Fleas Infestation